How Much Does Testing Cost?How Much Does It Cost To Re-Test?What Fire Departments Accept ATS Testing?How Do I Know The Dates Available For Testing?How Do I Know A Date Is Still Available?Can I Register Past The Registration Deadline?Can I Reschedule My Test Date?What Payment Methods Are Accepted?How Long Does The Testing Take?How Long Are The Tests Valid For?Will I Receive More Information On The Tests And Process?How Do I Know That I'm Registered?Do I Have To Complete The Documents In The Confirmation Package Each Time I Test?Does ATS Offer Feedback On Unsuccesful Tests?How Long Do I Have To Wait If Unsuccessful On Tests?How Do I Register For A Test Date?How Do I Reschedule My Test Date?How Long Until I Receive My Results?How Do I Know Who Is Hiring At Any Given Time?
1. HOW MUCH DOES THE TESTING COST?The total cost of the CPS Entry level Firefighter testing is $135.04 (tax included).
2. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO RE-TEST?There is a fee of $90.40 (tax included) to retest.
3. WHAT FIRE DEPARTMENTS ACCEPT ATS TESTING?Currently only St. Thomas and Stratford accept our testing, however anyone is able to take the testing.
4. HOW DO I KNOW THE DATES AVAILABLE FOR TESTING?ATS posts all of our testing dates on our website under "Firefighter" and then under "Test Dates"
5. HOW DO I KNOW A DATE IS STILL AVAILABLE?If you register on or before our stated deadline for that particular date, you will be guaranteed a spot for that test date.
6. CAN I REGISTER PAST THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE?Yes, however subject to availability. If we are able to accommodate your late registration you will be charged a $50.00 late registration fee payable upon registration with Interac online, Visa or Master Card.
7. CAN I RESCHEDULE MY TEST DATE?Yes, to reschedule your test date, use the on-line rescheduling options or contact the ATS office during business hours. A fee of $50.00 payable at the time of rescheduling by Interac online, Visa or Master Card is required.
8. WHAT PAYMENT METHODS ARE ACCEPTED?ATS accepts certified cheques, money orders, Interac online, Visa and Master Card.ATS does not accept personal cheques.
9. HOW LONG DOES THE TESTING TAKE?The CPS test is a 2-hour paper-and-pencil test.
10. HOW LONG ARE THE TESTS VALID FOR?A successful result on the CPS test remains valid for a period of one (1) year.
11. WILL I RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION ON THE TESTS AND PROCESSES?Yes, when you register for a test date and payment is made in full, we will mail you a confirmation package with more information about the test, as well as the location and time.
12. HOW DO I KNOW THAT I'M REGISTERED?ATS will mail you a confirmation package that includes your test date, registration time, a map, test day instructions and several documents to be completed. If you have not received the confirmation package one week prior to your test date, or unsure if your registration was received, please contact the ATS office during business hours.
13. DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE THE DOCUMENTS IN THE CONFIRMATION PACKAGE EACH TIME I TEST?Yes, it is a requirement of Applicant Testing Services that all applicants testing or retesting, complete these documents each time you test. Failure to complete and submit will result in a delay in the processing of your results.
14. DOES ATS OFFER FEEDBACK ON UNSUCCESSFUL TESTS?Yes, included in your test results package, is general feedback information and improvement strategies.
15. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT IF UNSUCCESSFUL ON TESTS?Candidates who are unsuccessful on the CPS test must wait a period of 3 months before they can retest.
16. HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A TEST DATE?Registration is available online (through the Registration link) or by calling the ATS office during business hours.
17. HOW DO I RESCHEDULE MY TEST DATE?Rescheduling is available online (through the Reschedule link) or by calling the ATS office during business hours.
18. HOW LONG UNTIL I RECEIVE MY RESULTS?Upon completion of the CPS test, an ATS Test Results Profile (TRP) will be mailed to you within 7 - 10 business days.
19. HOW DO I KNOW WHO IS HIRING AT ANY GIVEN TIME?ATS provides a Recruiting Page on our website that has postings for positions currently available with the St. Thomas and Stratford Fire Departments. If there is a specific Fire Department you are interested in that is not listed, you may want to contact them directly to inquire about what their requirements are.